Well, we are down to the last week, and I thought I would share some interesting stats about my girls and other things in general.
1. By the end of the day on July 4th, Janae and Esther will have been in their casts for exactly 12 weeks, 84 days, about 2016 hours and 120,960 minutes.
2. The girls have been through collectively:
3 cast changes (Janae 2, Esther 1)
2 CT scans
About 1000 size 1 diapers
3. Since getting their casts on, they have both cut 5 teeth - Janae has 7 teeth total and Esther has 5 (soon to be 6).
4. "Approximately 1 out of every 20 full-term babies has some hip instability and 2-3 out of every 1,000 infants will require treatment." - International Hip Dysplasia Institute
5. The girls will now be going into Rhino Cruiser Hip Braces, 24 hours a day for the first 6 weeks, slowly reducing the amount of time a day after that. It will likely be November at the earliest before the end of the whole process.
6. July 5th, Janae and Esther's first birthday is the 187th day of the year (in this leap year)
7. The girls share a birthday with:
Cecil Rhodes (1853)
Robbie Robertson (1943)
8. It is independence day on July 5th in Algeria, Cape Verde and Venezuela
9. Slaves were emancipated in New York City on July 5th, 1827
10. The Salvation army was founded on July 5th, 1865
And 11. July 5th, 2011 The Snyder family welcomed two beautiful girls into their growing family.
Can't wait to celebrate!