Wednesday 25 April 2012

Our Newest Nephew!

Yes! We are still alive! We've been having some sleep issues, but they seem to be slowly on the mend. We're not sure what is bothering the girls more: not being able to roll around and get comfortable in their casts when they are sleeping, or the fact that they are still teething and no pain killers seem to help for long. Either way, things seem to be slowly improving, though I am still not getting enough sleep. This too shall pass!

On Monday we welcomed a new nephew into the Snyder clan. Jonah Elias was born April 23, 2012 weighing in at 9lbs 7oz and 21.5in long. We haven't been to visit him yet, but from the pictures I think he looks a lot like Caleb did. We'll see as he grows!

It will be nice to have another boy in the cousin group. The girls were taking over! Now they are almost equal, 3 boys and 4 girls. I love having so many nieces and nephews - they are so much fun and thankfully all of the cousins get along pretty well. They have their moments, of course, and I am sure there will be some vicious cat fights as they grow up, but they will always have each other!

Now that my girls have cousins of their own, it makes me think of my cousins and makes me wish that I saw them more often. We are all different ages, and spread out across much of Ontario and into the States, but I always look forward to the times we can come together and see how things are going. We have one new baby on the Scott side, and another cousin is expecting on the Whiteley side; it is amazing how the numbers grow!

Twin update: Janae and Esther had their 2 week check-up on Monday and the x-rays look great! The hips are where they should be and we are all booked in for the half-way cast change on May 25th. I am looking forward to it already - it is amazing the food that accumulates on these casts! I understand now why all the websites talked of using essential oils to hide any odours from the cast - with all that sweat, food, pee and poop that somehow gets trapped inside, it's no wonder! But we are doing our best and the girls are in good spirits!

No comments:

Post a Comment